Expression of Interest
The Future Society is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to align AI through better governance. We take a systematic approach to developing programs that address institutional barriers in AI governance. Our three-pronged process involves undergoing horizon scanning and impact-planning exercises to define potential AI governance initiatives, conducting applied research and collective intelligence exercises to design select initiatives, and building coalitions and advocacy campaigns to deploy initiatives with high impact.
Our work addresses a range of AI governance themes, including the rule of law, AI governance within the EU, and global approaches to AI governance, and we work with international organizations, national governments, companies, academic institutions, and other civil society organizations. Our recent partners include Stanford University’s Institute for Human-Centered AI (HAI), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Global Partnership on AI (GPAI), Future of Life Institute, GIZ, Microsoft, UNESCO, New York University, and many more.
Why join The Future Society?
- The Future Society provides room for you to drive outsized impact in the AI governance space while developing professional talents.
- We believe in fast development and up-skilling, and support you on your journey.
- Within a small team, you’ll have more responsibility and influence.
- We are a certified 501(c)(3) charitable organization and are proud to be independent from corporate, governmental or other types of special interests.
- We boast a flat hierarchy, are pragmatic and have a no-BS policy. The most thoughtful opinion always wins, regardless of who voices it.
- We offer a generous time-off package and 100% work-from-home/remote work.
- We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, which respects all individuals, their preferences, and identities.
- Lastly, we love to have fun. If you like any of the following (or more!), you’ve found your tribe: Vespas, running, meditation, kitesurfing, skiing, sailing, chai teas, pretzels, fruit baskets, burning man, cycling, dogs, cats, karaoke, high-fives, late night changing-the-world masterplans, good food, Greece, road trips, off-roading, geopolitics, traveling. Join us!
Recruitment process: Fill in the following form: https://forms.gle/eSgtEx92AxayGMnLA. We will contact you when we open a role that could be relevant to you.
The Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.