POLITICO Virtual AI Summit 2020
September 30 and October 1, 2020
This year, The Future Society is one of the organizing partners of the POLITICO Virtual AI Summit aimed at convening high-level and international leaders with stakeholders from industry, research, academic, and civil society to discuss, debate and examine the new AI world order and the role of Europe in the years to come.
The two-day event had 1620 registered attendees, 23 715 unique viewers and the #POLITICOAI hashtag reached over 2.6 million people on Twitter with over 7.6 million impressions!
As part of our contribution, Nicolas Miailhe, our Co-Founder and President, spoke in the session: CROSS-LOOKS – AI, LOST IN TRANSLATION? on September 30 and, together with Song Bing (Vice President, Berggruen Institute, Director, China Center), discussed issued related to questions such as:
- Is AI a cultural matter?
- Does the definition of “trustworthy” differ from a country to another, and how does it impact AI development across the globe?
- When talking about developing a global agenda for AI, what values and whose values should we have as the basis for developing cross-national harmonization and how?
Re-watch the panel:
Nicolas also joined the STRATEGIC ROUNDTABLE – EUROPE’S DIGITAL LEGACY AND COMPETITIVENESS: MAKE OR BREAK on October 1st, together with 10 other experts from the private and public sector, to explore the details of the European strategy on AI and to asess if it could give the EU block a competitive advantage by aswering questions such as:
- Is Europe striking the right balance between hard rules and guiding principles? How can the bloc maintain a global competitive edge?
- What are the EU’s policy priorities to boost Europe’s AI industry, while complying with European ethical standards?
- How challenging is the implementation of a cross-border and coordinated European approach? What is being done to overcome those challenges and will member states eventually take the lead?
Re-watch the panel: