POLITICO AI Summit 2020 in partnership with The Future Society
September 30, 2020
The Future Society is thrilled to be one of the partners of the third edition of POLITICO’s AI Summit. The event will take place on September 31-October 1, 2020, in Brussels and will tackle key questions about the future of AI global governance and impact:
- What is happening across the globe (U.S., Canada, China, Japan, other regions)? And what are the key alliances that are emerging between countries and regions worldwide?
- How can the biases in the use of AI be addressed? What are the biggest consequences and challenges of automation in industry, taking into account the level of power given to machines?
- Is AI a cultural question? How does the interpretation of “trustworthy” differ from one country to another, and how does it impact AI development across the globe?
- Can the EU push its case for creating international rules in a future world of AI and robotization? Will the EU’s approach towards regulation and development of AI technologies, adhering to the region’s ethical standards, give the bloc a global competitive edge — or will the EU be left behind? What are the EU’s policy priorities to boost Europe’s AI industry, while complying with European ethical standards?
- In 2019, China’s AI industry received the most funding, surpassing the U.S. and its traditional advantage in venture capital investment, while Europe still lags behind. What are the EU and member states doing to facilitate access to capital, data and skills needed to support AI growth and develop strong AI solutions?
- How challenging is the implementation of a cross-border and coordinated European approach towards AI? What is being done to overcome those challenges and will member states eventually take the lead?
Over 35 distinguished speakers will engage with 130 participants consisting of a high-level and international group of government leaders, industry, research, academic, and civil society stakeholders to discuss, debate and examine the AI world order and whether Europe has a chance to influence it in the years to come. If you are interested, you can register using The Future Society’s special 30% discount here.